Custom Storefronts, inc. is looking for an experienced finishing assistant. The successful candidate will have 1-3 years’ experience in a finishing environment. Responsibilities include sanding, prepping, cleaning and spraying of wood and metal products. This position requires experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment as organization, attention to detail and quality is critical.
- Sanding and prepping of wood and metal components
- Cleaning of substrate to assure proper adhesion
- Wet Sanding, cutting and buffing of some finishes
- Use and Cleaning of HVLP, air assisted airless pumps, pneumatic pumps, etc.
- Installation of Hardware on doors and various components
- Document and maintain concise database of finishes and processes
- High level quality control assurance prior to and post finishing
- Must be highly motivated and able to work in a team environment
- Ability to lift 50lbs unassisted required
- A firm knowledge of wood and metal characteristics a plus
- Experience with Automotive finishes as well as cutting and buffing a plus
- Knowledge of finishing systems including varnishes, lacquers, stains and urethanes a plus
- Experience mixing post catalyzed systems a plus
Thank you for exploring a career opportunity with us.